Since Christmas is almost here, maybe some of you are wondering what to offer to your loved ones… well.. if you need ideas or if you’re just in the mood for a new adventure.. keep reading! I’ve always thought that a trip is the perfect gift. It never fades away. Memories are always there, no matter what, filling your life with stories ready to be told.
PS: My story is not about a Christmas gift, but I hope it will make you make up your mind about yours.
On my 22nd birthday I got the best birthday gift. I had the chance to go to London, with my special one. Even if we were there only for 5 days, everything was perfect.
I can’t lie to you. Even if the trip was a gift, the destination wasn’t a surprise for me at all. London was on top of our wish list for a long time.
This is not a story about how excited I was during our trip, because I think you have already felt this.
This story is about what we’ve visited in London. Because once you arrive there, you will see.. there are so many things to be discovered… seems like 5 days are not enough! Of course, 5 days are never enough for a trip, but if this is all you have, you must make the most out of it!
A surprise is waiting for you… but only if you keep reading!
Every time I go on a trip, and I know there are plenty of things to see, I try to use the time I have efficiently and organize my time wisely. Usually you will need two things:
1. Top places to see in that city;
2. A road trip route – because if you want to save your time, would be perfect if you could link the places you want to see to be more efficient in spending your time;
Our list of top places to see in London is pretty long, and I don’t want you to get bored. This is why I’ll only tell you about my top 7 places to see in London. ( If you want to know what other things were on our list, just tell me in the comments section ).
Top 7 places to see in London
(Because 5 are not enough)
1. If you are a Sherlock fan, then you should definitely “meet” him on 221B Baker Street. (this was the very first place we visited in London. We are both crazy Sherlock Holmes fans !)
2. Tower of London – we spent an entire day walking inside this amazing fortress. You can see the queen’s jewels, and learn about a lot of legends and history behind those stone walls. They even put in stage a mini act so that everybody can have a better understanding of history, especially for children.
Another thing you can’t afford to miss is Tower Bridge (especially you are looking for the “most instagrammed places”). You’ll be able to see it, just after you finish the tour in the castle.
3. Westminster Abbey – the most beautiful cathedral I’ve ever seen in my life. I can’t describe the beauty of the place, because the words could not comprehend my feelings about it.
4. Eye of London – when it comes to “most instagrammed places in London” this has to be the Eye of London. Going on it and seeing London from above is a must. My personal advice would be to try it after the sun goes down. The view is even better.
5. Big Ben – UK Parliament
6. Piccadilly circus – is one of London’s busiest squares. Oxford Street is nearby, if you’re in the mood for some shopping. Make sure to get some cool photos there!
7. Buckingham Palace – Apart from the history behind the place, you should also try visiting it on the inside depending on the availability; who knows, maybe you’ll be lucky enough to meet the Queen herself.
I’m not saying London is always a good idea, even if it is! But going on a trip, sure is!
If you are not convinced yet, take a look at the surprise I’ve been talking about.
Hope you liked our adventure’s overview, and I really hope you’re seriously thinking about buying some airplane tickets for your loved ones now! ho ho ho!